Today, we/re bringing you Auntie Geli’s delicious and unique mayonnaise recipe. You’re probably wondering, who is this Auntie Geli? A 62-year-old aunt whose cooking is to die for! To be more specific, Geli is Ricardo’s mother’s aunt; Ricardo is from the Mi Oliva Gourmet team and is one of the people who make it possible for you to have the best extra virgin olive oil. Geli is an auntie to 13 nephews, nieces, great-nephews and great-nieces, plus all their respective partners. And can you guess who does the cooking when they all get together? That’s right, Auntie Geli! Back home, they call her mayonnaise recipe ‘supermayo’! Auntie Geli tells us why:
The reason behind the name is that almost everyone makes their mayonnaise with sunflower oil, but in our house, we are very loyal to the oil from Puente Genil, so we make ours using extra virgin olive oil. Well, you can imagine how good it tastes, and everyone thought it was so delicious that they started calling it ‘supermayo’!
Ingredients for Auntie Geli’s mayonnaise recipe
According to Auntie Geli herself, the ingredients for her mayonnaise recipe, or ‘supermayo’, are as follows:
- 300ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Puente Genil (so yes, you can use a different olive oil, but it wouldn’t be supermayo! :)
- 2 eggs
- Juice of half a lemon
- A dash of vinegar
Making supermayo is super easy! There are just two secrets: beating the ingredients together with love and care (and patience hehe) and a quality extra virgin olive oil from Puente Genil, unfiltered if possible.
- Break the two eggs into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice straight away; this is a good way to prevent the mayonnaise from separating when you beat it.
Next, add the olive oil.
- Beat the ingredients together, slowly at first, then a little faster, but never very fast.
- When the mixture starts getting smooth and creamy, add a dash of vinegar and salt to taste.
- Continue beating until it is all perfectly mixed together, even and smooth.
And that’s it! Now you can have Auntie Geli’s delicious supermayo ready to try with a whole range of dishes
Feeling inspired? Share your mayonnaise recipe and tips in the comment section!