The reason behind the name is that almost everyone makes their mayonnaise with sunflower oil, but in our house, we are very loyal to the oil from Puente Genil, so we make ours using extra virgin olive oil. Well, you can imagine how good it tastes, and everyone thought it was so delicious that they started calling it ‘supermayo’!
Ingredients for Auntie Geli’s mayonnaise recipe
According to Auntie Geli herself, the ingredients for her mayonnaise recipe, or ‘supermayo’, are as follows:
- 300ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Puente Genil (so yes, you can use a different olive oil, but it wouldn’t be supermayo!)
- 2 eggs
- Juice of half a lemon
- A dash of vinegar
Making supermayo is super easy! There are just two secrets: beating the ingredients together with love and care (and patience hehe) and a quality extra virgin olive oil from Puente Genil, unfiltered if possible.
- Break the two eggs into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice straight away; this is a good way to prevent the mayonnaise from separating when you beat it.
- Next, add the olive oil.
- Beat the ingredients together, slowly at first, then a little faster, but never very fast.
- When the mixture starts getting smooth and creamy, add a dash of vinegar and salt to taste.
- Continue beating until it is all perfectly mixed together, even and smooth.
And that’s it! Now you can have Auntie Geli’s delicious supermayo ready to try with a whole range of dishes!